Help Center Menu
Terms & Conditions
May we ask a favor? Please read these terms and conditions before using this website.
To avoid any hard feelings in the future, we provide our terms and conditions in advance for your use and knowledge. We will do our best to explain our terms and conditions in a simple manner, using plain English whenever possible.
Welcome to origo.ca. This website is provided by Origo Communications as a service to our customers. Please review the basic rules that govern your use of this website. These rules are also referred to as terms and conditions, and you should be aware that your use of the website constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these terms and conditions.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ORDER
By placing an order with Origo Communications Corporation, you agree to be bound by the terms, conditions & trade customs for both print services and mailing & fulfillment services as set out in this document. By placing an order, you agree to accept all terms and conditions of this agreement and create a legally binding contract with Origo Communications Corporation for printing and/or mailing services, and will be responsible for payment in full as outlined in this agreement. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, do not place the order.
Unless otherwise specifically provided for in writing, all prices are quoted exclusive of applicable postage and applicable taxes. Postage & service deposit to be paid in advance for all jobs. All new accounts are COD. Service Fees payable: 50% Deposit with order, balance payable Net 15 days from date of delivery. Paper prices estimated hereon are based on current market pricing and may change at time of production. Quoted prices include a discount based on payment by cheque or money order. If paying by Visa or MasterCard please add 3.5% to lieu of the cash discount. Client certifies that all data and/or personal information provided to Origo Communications Corporation, complies with current Privacy legislation (PIPEDA). Please check specifications for accuracy. Any changes to quoted specifications or quantities may result in changes to pricing. This quote is valid for 30 days subject to changes in market prices for paper and postage.
TERMS, CONDITIONS & TRADE CUSTOMS: PRINT SERVICES
1. PREPRESS & FILES
Editor's changes are not included in final price. Prepress time is billed at $125/hour with a 1 hour minimum per request. Please be sure to send us your FINAL files to avoid further charges. Customer to supply final art including collected native file fonts, images and high-resolution PDF, in a stuffed/zipped file via upload to www.origo.ca
All quotes are based on the specifications as outlined in the quotation. Any changes to quoted specifications or quantities may result in changes to pricing. This quote is valid for 30 days subject to paper price increases.
3. PRINTING & CUTTING
Origo Communications Corporation will reproduce colour from digital layouts as closely as possible, but cannot exactly match colour and density because of limitations in the printing process. We accept no responsibility for colour variations between submitted images and the actual artwork or product they represent. Any jobs that require emboss, foil stamping, Spot UV, Lamination or die cutting can vary up to a 1/8 inch.
ALL files must have a 1/4" bleed all around. A $25 fee may be charged to create a bleed if it has not been incorporated in your files. This fee is solely at our discretion.
Critical type or images must be at least 1/4" from the edge of the printed piece. Origo Communications Corporation is not responsible for type, art or images that are cut off if these guidelines are not followed. Furthermore, it is strongly suggested that you do not use a thin border around your postcard. This may cause an uneven frame around your printed piece. If you desire to have a border, it should be at least 1/4" thick.
4. CANCELLATION POLICY:
Orders cannot be cancelled once the status of the order has changed to Order Confirmed.
Orders with the status Waiting for files or Waiting for Approval are subject to a minimum cancellation fee of $25 plus any prepress time.
Our estimated turnaround times begin ONLY after an order has been "confirmed". Orders are considered "confirmed" and are put into production ONLY when the following conditions have been met:
1. A quote submitted to the customer has been completely filled out and accepted by client,
2. All files have been correctly submitted,
3. If applicable, the customer has approved the proof and has given the go ahead to proceed with production, and
4. Payment information has been provided.
Although we rarely miss production schedules, the printing and pre-press process involves equipment which is subject to malfunctions and/or equipment failure. We will always do everything in our power to make sure that any production problems do not delay your job. However, please note that ALL production and delivery times ARE NOT CONTRACTUAL and no turnaround time can be guaranteed. Please bear this in mind when planning production of date-sensitive materials.
Please note there can be tolerances in paper thicknesses by up to 1pt.
7. PDF PROOFS
PDF proofs are meant to check for layout only and not meant to check colours. We also suggest that if your job is colour critical, you purchase a press match proof. Please keep in mind that while we will try our best to match proofs, We DO NOT GUARANTEE COLOUR MATCHING.
8. COLOUR MATCHING AND PROOFS
To ensure proper colour matching customer must purchase a press match proof. Customer supplied proofs are not acceptable as they are not calibrated to our presses. Jobs without proofs will be printed following generally recognized industry standards. Because of differences in equipment, processing, proofing substrates, paper, inks, pigments, and other conditions between colour proofing and production pressroom operations, a reasonable variation in colour between colour proofs and completed job shall constitute acceptable delivery. Please note that your monitor's calibration affects what you see on your screen. The colours on the printed pieces may differ from what you see on your screen. Please keep in mind that while we will try our best to match proofs, we DO NOT GUARANTEE COLOUR MATCHING.
If your file contains overprints they may not reproduce properly in final print. If overprints are necessary you must ask for a colour proof to verify final output on press as PDF proofs do not always show overprints correctly due to limitations in certain PDF readers. We do not accept any responsibility if artwork has overprints and colour proofs have not been ordered to verify. Once a colour proof has been ordered it must be returned to us to ensure accurate reproduction on press.
In the unlikely event that an error has occurred during the production of a particular job, we must be promptly notified of the problem. Claims for defects, damages, shortages must be made by the customer in writing within a period of fifteen (15) days after delivery of all or any part of the order. Failure to make such claim within the stated period shall constitute irrevocable acceptance and an admission the customer is in full compliance with the terms, conditions and specifications outlined herein. In the event of an error in printing, a determination will be made whether the defect is of such nature as to qualify for a discount or re-print. Our liability should be limited to reprinting of any defective order and in no case will include special or consequential charges, including expenses, rush shipping, profits lost due to damages. This guarantee applies only to defects in workmanship or materials. It does not cover defects in the files submitted for printing. Over runs and under runs are not to exceed 10% of the order.
Unless otherwise specified (in writing at the time the order was placed), we or our affiliate sites reserve the right to use any item produced by us for print or display promotion.
All quoted prices include a discount based on payment by cash, money orders, certified/bank cheques, and bank wire transfer. If paying by Visa, MasterCard or PayPal please add 3.5% to lieu of the cash discount.
Payment shall be whatever was set forth in the quotation or invoice unless otherwise provided in writing. The person placing the order will be personally responsible for any outstanding debt owing. An additional $25.00 fee will be charged for return cheques to original amount. As security for payment for any sum due or to become due under terms of any Agreement, printer shall have the right, if necessary, to retain possession of and shall have a lien on all customer property in printer's possession including work in process and finished work. The extension of credit or the acceptance of notes, trade acceptance or guarantee of payment shall not affect such security interest and lien.
13. REFUND & CANCELLATIONS
Once an order has been received and has entered the production cycle, refunds are not allowed. No partial refunds given for work not completed. Customers requiring modifications to their order after viewing PDF proofs will be charged a $25 fee. We urge clients to proof read all materials prior to submitting artwork and not to use our free PDF proof service as a way of checking final content. Customers wishing to cancel orders once PDF proofs have been generated will incur a mandatory $50 fee. This fee is not negotiable and will be charged in full.
Working mechanical art, type, negatives, positives, digital files, flats, plates and other items when supplied by the printer, shall remain his exclusive property unless otherwise agreed in writing. You certify that you own the rights to use the image(s) being reproduced on your postcard. DO NOT send any "one-of-kind" transparencies, prints or artwork. Although we take every precaution to safeguard your materials, we are NOT responsible for loss or damage of images or artwork.
15. CUSTOMER'S PROPERTY
The printer will maintain fire, extended coverage, vandalism and malicious mischief insurance on all property belonging to the customer while such property is in the printer's possession: printer's liability for such property shall not exceed the amount recoverable from such insurance. Customer's property of extraordinary value shall be insured through mutual agreement.
Unless otherwise specified, all quoted prices are subject to 13% HST tax, including materials ordered to be shipped and/or mailed within Canada, regardless of the physical location of the client and/or their billing address.
Orders for printing only to be shipped to the USA or printing and mailing via a postal administration outside of Canada (i.e. USPS) are tax exempt. Materials printed in Canada ship duty free to the USA under the NAFTA agreement.
17. SHIPPING & HANDLING
Delays, damage or loss of packages during shipping are the sole responsibility of the carrier providing shipping services. We will not be held responsible for any delays, damage or loss of packages caused during shipping. We will not be liable for any claims of loss of business or damages due to shipping delays or damage. Each carrier has limited damage liabilities normally at a maximum claim of $100 per shipment.
The customer shall indemnify and hold harmless the printer from any and all loss, cost, expense, and damages (including court costs and reasonable attorney fees on a full-recovery basis) on account of any and all matter of claims, demands, actions and proceedings that may be instituted against the printer on grounds alleging that the said printing violates any copyrights or any proprietary right of any person, or that it contains any matter that is libelous or obscene or scandalous, or invades any person's right to privacy or other personal rights, except to the extent that the printer contributed to the matter. The customer agrees, at the customer's own expense, to promptly defend and continue the defense of any such claim, demand, action or proceeding that may be brought against the printer, provided that the printer shall promptly notify the customer with respect thereto, and provided further that the printer shall give to the customer such reasonable time as the exigencies of the situation may permit in which to undertake and continue the defense thereof.
TERMS, CONDITIONS & TRADE CUSTOMS: MAILING & FULFILLMENT
1. QUOTATIONS: Subject to acceptance within 30 days. Quotations are based on the cost of services, labor and materials on the date of the quote. If changes occur in cost of materials, labor, or other costs prior to acceptance, or if the customer requires changes in the mailing schedule subsequent to acceptance, the right is reserved to change the price quoted. Subsequent orders will be subject to price revision if required. Quotations do not include applicable taxes, shipping costs or deliveries unless specifically stated. Quotations are only valid when in writing.
2. CANCELLATION: Orders may be canceled by the customer at any time by notice in writing or via e-mail with the understanding that the mailer will be compensated in full for any work or services performed prior to cancellation, plus the cost of any goods or services purchased for the order. In addition, because mailing requires advance scheduling of equipment and labor which often cannot be replaced by other jobs, the mailer reserves the right to assess a cancellation fee to reflect the opportunity cost associated with a job being canceled.
3. ALTERATIONS/SPECIFICATIONS: Prices quoted herein are based upon the mailer’s understanding of the client specifications submitted. If there is a change in specifications or instructions to the original quotation and these changes result in additional costs, the work performed will be billed at the current or minimum rates, and the mailing date may be delayed.
4. POSTAGE: Quotations do not include postage. Prior to the agreed upon mailing date, the mailer will notify the customer in writing or by e-mail of the required postage and will notify the customer of the date when the postage is needed in order to complete the mailing. Mailer is not responsible for additional postage charges if the rate of postage changes due to the design of the mail piece or change in specification or rate changes by postal administrations. As mailing services provider, mailer’s actual cost of postage may be lower than the billed charge for postage. Full payment of postage plus applicable taxes in advance is required on all orders and is the responsibility of the customer. The mailer reserves the right to hold mailings for which sufficient postage has not been paid or until postage payment has been verified. The customer will provide the postage payment in adequate time for the mailer to complete the mailing prior to the previously agreed upon mail date.
5. ACCEPTANCE OF ORDER: The mailer may refuse at any time to mail any copy, photographs or illustrations of any kind that in the mailer's sole judgment is an invasion of privacy, is degrading, libelous, unlawful, profane, obscene, pornographic, tends to ridicule or embarrass, or is in bad taste, or which in the mailer's sole judgement is an infringement on a trademark, or trade name, or service mark, or copyright belonging to others.
The customer will defend and hold the mailer harmless in any suit or court action brought against the mailer by others for alleged damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees), liabilities or losses resulting from circumstances where the mailer, acting as the customer’s agent, uses copy, photographs, or illustrations that are believed by others to be degrading, libelous or harmful to their reputations, images, or standing in the community or which in the mailer's sole judgment is an infringement on a trademark, trade name, service mark, or copyright belonging to others, or in a suit or court action brought against the mailer for actions of the customer's employees which may occur as a result of any mailing.
6. MAILING LISTS: Customer's mailing list(s) in the mailer's possession, for storage or otherwise, is the exclusive property of the customer and shall be used only at the customer’s instructions. The mailer shall provide reasonable and prudent protection against the loss of a customer's list, in much the same manner that the customer would itself. This includes adequate backup procedures for all files and programs. The mailer shall pay for the cost of replacing such lists in the event of systems failure, loss by fire, vandalism, theft, or other such causes (excluding destruction of the list due to customer's negligence or willful misconduct), provided that the customer has a duplicate list or has the source material from which the list was compiled, and then only to the extent of the costs involved in replacing the lost list. The mailer shall not be liable for compiling such lists nor for an intangible or special value attached thereto.
The mailer is not responsible for the accuracy or integrity of lists or other data supplied by the customer or a list broker. Unless otherwise specified in writing in advance, all rented mailing lists are provided on a one-time use basis.
7. MATERIALS: The mailer assumes in all quotations that all material provided will permit efficient handling on automated equipment and meets equipment manufacturer's published specifications. Orders where client furnishes materials that are within manufacturer's specifications, but which are not up to acceptable operational standards due to poor folding, facing, trimming, packing, sticking together of material, insufficient leeway between enclosures and envelopes, square envelope flaps or other causes, will be subject to pricing at special rates. Customer will be notified when a deficiency is discovered and approval will be obtained for handling at special rates before proceeding with work. A new delivery schedule may result when deficient materials are used.
The mailer is not responsible for identifying errors in preprinted copy on customer-furnished materials and assumes no liability for damages resulting from the mailing of materials which contain erroneous information.
All direct mail handling and processing involves spoilage. Spoilage of up to three (3) percent of customer’s material is typical. Allowances for spoilage should be taken into consideration when ordering material. Every effort will be made to handle customer's material with frugality and to prevent undue spoilage. Nevertheless, the mailer cannot accept responsibility for shortages of material as a result of normal spoilage in processing. All stock and materials belonging to a customer will be held and stored only at the customer's risk, and the customer shall be responsible for insurance on their material.
Printer delivery tickets must accompany the material delivered and should show the number of skids or cartons, the quantity per skid or carton and the total delivery quantity. Each incoming carton or skid must bear an identity, item code, quantity and a sample clearly visible. Each skid should have only one material version, unless clearly marked and separated. Multiple items should not be included within a single carton, skid or container unless noted thereon and on accompanying paperwork. The mailer will apply a surcharge for any rework necessary for materials received not meeting these specifications.
Mailers accept printers' count until processing and assume no responsibility for shortages discovered at that time. Additional charges will apply if customer requires the mailer to verify printer’s counts prior to processing. Customer is expected to provide mailer with sufficient inventory or adequate sources of supply to meet anticipated demand. Cost for backorders, delay notices, canceled orders and increased customer service resulting from out of stock conditions will be billed additional to customer.
Collect shipment will be accepted by the mailer only if clearance is obtained in advance, and a service charge will be added to the actual freight charges. Mailer is not responsible for the condition of shipped overs, unless customer has been billed for packing and/or shipping.
Customer retains title to and the insurable interest in its customer-provided materials. Because of this, the mailer is held harmless for acts not of its doing that create losses. It is the responsibility of the mailer to carry insurance to protect against acts or negligence on the part of its employees in the normal course of business. If specific additional insurance coverage is desired, such coverage must be specified by agreement or by separate insurance rider and premium. In such instances, the liability for losses will be limited to the agreed upon insurance amount.
8. INSERTING SEQUENCE: Effort will be made to insert material in the sequence and facing the direction the customer requests, but quoted prices assume the most advantageous production speeds. Specified sequence or facing may result in additional charges being billed.
9. OVERAGES: The customer must advise the mailer, in advance of the job, the disposition of overs. Overs may be returned to the customer, stored or destroyed. If items are stored or returned, applicable storage and delivery charges will be added. Additionally, at the mailer’s option and without liability to the mailer, material may be automatically destroyed after 60 days unless otherwise specifically instructed in writing by customer and disposition and/or storage arrangements with customer have been acknowledged in writing by mailer. Premium storage rates may be applied to old materials or materials for which disposition has not been designated.
10. DELIVERY SCHEDULES: Mailer will make every reasonable effort to meet scheduled delivery and mailing date(s), but because of the many factors outside its control, accepts no liability for failure to meet scheduled date(s). In addition, mailers have no control over The Postal Service or common carriers’ delivery schedules and cannot guarantee when mail or shipments deposited with or released to these carriers will be delivered. The customer shall accept the date which mail or shipments were deposited with or released to these carriers as the date of delivery.
All orders are accepted contingent to fire, accident, acts of G-d, mechanical breakdown or other causes beyond the mailer’s control. Since the time element is an integral part of the mailing business, quoted prices are based upon a specific set of time schedules for completion. Any requested deviation from the schedules described or agreed upon by both parties at commencement of order may alter the quoted price. Late material may affect the completion date of the order by a greater degree than the actual elapsed time the material is late.
11. ERRORS IN MAILING: Mailer shall be liable only to the extent of remailing a correction or corrected job as soon as possible to rectify the mistake. Damages shall be limited to the value of the work performed. In no case is the mailer liable for loss of business; incidental or consequential damages; or costs in excess of billing for services related to the specific job, net of postage.
12. DELINQUENT INVOICES: If money is owed the mailer, the mailer may, at his option, withhold future mailings and/or hold the customer's list, printing or other property against payment of delinquent invoices. "Delinquent" is defined as "past the agreed or specified payment date." After suitable credit has been established, unless otherwise specified in writing by the mailer, terms are net with interest as allowed by law applied to delinquent invoices. Customers are responsible for any related collection costs, legal fees and interest.
13. BROKER/AD AGENCY/RESELLER: When contracting with an intermediary such as a broker, ad agency or reseller for work on behalf of their clients, the mailer will hold the intermediary fully responsible for timely payment of invoices and related collection costs, legal fees and interest. This will be done without regard to whether the intermediary has been paid by their client for services rendered.
14. TAXES: All amounts due for taxes and assessments will be added to the customer’s invoice and are the responsibility of the customer. No tax exemption will be granted unless official proof of the customer’s exemption is on file with the mailer or such documentation accompanies the order. If, after the customer has paid the invoice, it is determined that more tax is due, the customer must promptly remit the required taxes to the taxing authority or immediately reimburse the mailer for any additional taxes paid by the mailer.
Origo Give-Back Donation Program Terms and Conditions:
- The Current Give-Back Program Schedule Credit Calculation Percentage is set at 18% of the donor order excluding postage, taxes and shipping fees.
- The Origo Give-Back Program is available exclusively to non-charity clients, as our charitable organization discounts are already included in our pricing to the charities.
- Credit amount to be calculated on donor’s order value excluding postage, taxes and shipping fees according to the Give-Back schedule current as of the time the donor order is placed.
- The receiving charity may redeem their credit for 20% of the charity’s order value, excluding postage, taxes and shipping fees, to a maximum of $500 per order.
- Recipient charity may redeem their credit only for Origo service fees for direct-marketing campaign orders for the charity.
- Credit may not be used towards postage, taxes or shipping fees.
- Credit will be applied to recipient charity’s account after the remaining balance is paid.
- Credits are non-cumulative and non-transferrable.
- Credits expire 6 months from the date of issue.
- Receiving charities may redeem Origo Give-Back credits to a maximum of up to $5,000 per charity per calendar year.